Network of Community Services for Offenders Project
This Project is financed by European Commission, European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR). The overall objective of the Action is to support Probation Service on implementation of alternative sanctions in Albania offering treatment programs for the offenders in the community. Probation Service is based in finding, enhancing and using effectively partnerships within the community and improves public confidence in the effectiveness of community sentences.
Project Implementing Organizations are:
Shelter for Abused Women
The aim of the project will be achieved through actions such as:
- Establishing a Network of Community Services for the Offenders
- Offering treatment, rehabilitation and counseling programs for the offenders in the community
- Capacity building activities for probation service on collaboration with community services and effective use of community resources
- Partnership activities aiming the improvement of confidence and engagement of community in justice system
- The establishment and management of a network for the community services to support the offenders
- The development and the implementation of specific programs for offenders in the community
- Capacity building for the Probation Services
- Capacity Building for network members
- The Exchange of information
- Increase the level of public awareness due to the alternative sentence.